Your health truly being with an optimized digestive system. This system is one of the most important systems in your whole body – without proper digestion, absorption of nutrients and elimination of waste products – it is nearly impossible to achieve optimal health. When there is imbalance in your gut, it often affects not just your gut, but also your immune, hormonal and nervous systems.
My approach to healing the digestive system considers many factors of health and disease, taking into account physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social and other factors. Each patient is unique and their gut health is individualized as should be their healing protocol. My work involves tailoring a naturopathic approach to specific digestive disorders such as IBS, heartburn, and ulcers as well as less obviously digestive-related conditions such as autoimmune disease, allergies, and even migraines.
Digestive Disorders Helped by Naturopathic Medicine
- Constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac disease, gluten-intolerance
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis
- Intestinal dysbiosis (gut microflora imbalances or intestinal candida overgrowth)
- Food allergies
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Acid reflux / Heartburn / GERD
- Indigestion, gas, bloating
- Pancreatic enzyme insufficiency
- Gall bladder disorders
- Hepatitis, liver congestion or fatty liver (non-alcoholic steatic hepatitis)
- Diverticulosis or diverticulitis